Dr. Andre_ SKIRTACH
Max-Planck-Institut of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam, Germany, EU
Specialization: Nanoengineered Films and Capsules
Andre Skirtach received M. Sc. degree from Moscow State University of Lomonosov, Russia and Ph. D. degree from McGill University, Montréal, Québec, Canada. He joined then the National Research Council (NRC) of Canada and contributed to transferring to industry technology developed at NRC (establishment of a prominent company Trillium Phot. Inc). Subsequently, he moved to Max-Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Golm, Germany, later on becoming a Group Leader at the Department of Interfaces (H. Möhwald). He is currently joining Faculty at Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium.
Main activities of the spherical and planar interfaces research group encompass development of novel methods of nanotechnology and their usage in understanding fundamental processes at spherical and planar interfaces. Nanoplasmonics and electromagnetic fields are explored as a source of an external activation source to study fundamental properties of polymers, lipids and interfaces. Bio-interfaces and intracellular work receive particular attention due to abundance of interactions and relevance to society.
1. Andre G Skirtach; Alexey M Yashchenok; Helmuth Möhwald - Encapsulation, release and applications of LbL polyelectrolyte multilayer capsules.- Chem. Commun. (Camb.) 47, 127360 (2011)
2. D Volodkin; A Skirtach; N Madaboosi; J Blacklock; R von Klitzing; A Lankenau; C Duschl; H Möhwald, IR-light triggered drug delivery from micron-sized polymer biocoatings, J Control Release 148, 700 (2010)
3. Matthieu F Bédard; Bruno G De Geest; Andre G Skirtach; Helmuth Möhwald; Gleb B Sukhorukov, Polymeric microcapsules with light responsive properties for encapsulation and release, Adv Colloid Interface Sci 158, 2 (2010)
4. Andre G Skirtach; Dmitry V Volodkin; Helmuth Möhwald, Bio-interfaces--interaction of PLL/HA thick films with nanoparticles and microcapsules, Chemphyschem 11, 822 (2010)
5. Dmitry V Volodkin; Andre G Skirtach; Helmuth Möhwald, Near-IR remote release from assemblies of liposomes and nanoparticles., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 48, 1807 (2009)
6. Andre G Skirtach; Peter Karageorgiev; Matthieu F Bédard; Gleb B Sukhorukov; Helmuth Möhwald, Reversibly permeable nanomembranes of polymeric microcapsules., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130, 11572 (2008)
At the NANOCON´12 conference A. Skirtach will present the lecture “Nanoengineered capsules and films - preparation, characterization and biomedical applications"